Learn about the top 5 benefits of migrating to Cloud technology. While Cloud Computing is still very early in its evolution already a wide range of technologists and business managers see both the possibilities and benefits of this emerging shift in the information technology landscape.
Read on to learn the top five benefits that almost guarantee Cloud Computing will explode over the next several years.
Sure organizations must consider the possible security and privacy risks associated with Cloud Computing, but these are relatively easy to plan for and overcome. And the benefits to those who figure out how to mitigate these risks can be significant. Here are the top five to consider:
- Total Cost of Ownership. Since Cloud technology is priced on a utility model, organizations pay only for the CPU, memory, storage and bandwidth resources used. This can mean a significant reduction in TCO.
- Unlimited Storage Capacity. Enterprise data requirements continue to expand at an ever-increasing rate. With Cloud Computing organizations can store far more data than on their own private computing infrastructure.
- IT Automation. No longer do IT personnel need to worry about keeping software up to date. No longer having to worry about constant server updates and other computing issues, government organizations will be free to concentrate on innovation.
- Flexibility. Cloud computing offers much more flexibility than past computing methods.
- Mobility. Employees can access information wherever they are, rather than having to remain at their desks.